Poverty Speaks

Life has been quite awful for many people these days but nothing Worst than the adversities of the poor labourers in India.

They have been over utilised, exploited by the capitalists for building their empire and now they have been dumped on the road to suffer with no food, no help.

All they want is to return home when the world is stagnant with no work around. My heart grieves for them.

Poverty speaks….

My sweat built
Your soaring Castles
I gulped tremendous pain
To Fulfil your worldly desires
And I didn’t complain
Even for a second
For the tiny bread
You thrown at me in return
But now when I want you
To stand by me
You only discarded me
I am bruised,
But I have not lost hope
I will walk forever on the road
The place where my heart is
The place called home.
My sufferings are not new
May not shake your inner core
Because maybe I am poor
And poverty is only meant
To lie on the road and suffer!

Be grateful to what you have and be an Angel for the needy!

36 thoughts on “Poverty Speaks

1. T. Maxwell-Harrison May 14, 2020 / 3:35 pm

I have great respect for India, the culture, foods, people, places, architecture and everything else they have accomplished. Of course, there is great inequality there, and in many other Asian countries, which needs remedying.

• singhpiyush6089 May 14, 2020 / 3:38 pm

Yes, it is in the hands of each and every citizen along with the government to change this… Testing times ahead.. Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

2. Marushka May 14, 2020 / 3:46 pm

Thank you for this reminder. Its especially easy right now, when many people are drawing inwards, to avoid seeing the economic abuse around us.

• singhpiyush6089 May 14, 2020 / 3:49 pm

Yes, true.. Until it comes to us we hardly see.. Making money exploiting people and nature is a sin.. Maybe this pandemic is shouting at us to change!

3. Tanya Sheik May 14, 2020 / 3:47 pm

A great post!
    Sadly, the situation is so true I don’t know why people who have enough of wealth are always left with less or no heart!! May God help the needy through few good hearted people!! My heart aches while hearing such conditions! As a student I’m not earning. In near future I hope I could contribute something!!!
    Thanks for this wonderful piece!

• singhpiyush6089 May 14, 2020 / 3:52 pm

Yes agree with you… Its up to us now to change this.. Through our words.. With our deeds. Prayers for everyone..!

• Tanya Sheik May 14, 2020 / 3:58 pm

Thank You!
        Prayers ofcourse ✌

4. Domeka May 14, 2020 / 3:55 pm

Sometimes it is easy to complain about what we don’t have. The reality is that there are others who have absolutely nothing. I struggle with my thoughts knowing that in this world there is plenty yet we go each day knowing that some are so poor that each day they hope even for the littlest of something. Thank you for this reminder.

• singhpiyush6089 May 14, 2020 / 3:59 pm

Yes we all have to change… This pandemic is maybe shouting at us to change.. Our apathy towards nature, towards less fortunate people should end. Only we can do it… Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

• Domeka May 14, 2020 / 9:43 pm

Your welcome and thank you

5. KK May 14, 2020 / 4:28 pm

The same industrialists and builders who didn’t support their labourers in trying time will not be in position to run businesses without them.

• singhpiyush6089 May 14, 2020 / 4:32 pm

Exactly… After returning home these labourers will not come back easily… This will cripple businesses… Thank you for sharing your thoughts!

6. Roser May 14, 2020 / 5:33 pm

The situation deserves a poem as beautiful and deep as that! Well done! 😊

7. Smith Shine Poetry May 14, 2020 / 6:10 pm

Great poem on awful events.. powerful stuff i hope it sparks a flame

8. Lia May 15, 2020 / 6:24 am

Really beautiful. ❤️

9. Allen Clark May 19, 2020 / 11:16 pm

What a wonderful poem. I hope things get better for these people. God bless you

• singhpiyush6089 May 20, 2020 / 2:41 am

Thank you so much for your praise..I hope it does.God bless you too!

10. bejamin4 May 22, 2020 / 12:03 pm

Powerful words: the dangers of the world on display. We need to care for each other better than we have so far in our human history!

• singhpiyush6089 May 22, 2020 / 2:47 pm

Yes, couldn’t agree more with you… Thank you for relating with this

11. Saumya M. May 25, 2020 / 9:00 am

Beautifully penned the helplessness of the poor people..my heart aches to see people walking from one state to the other in scorching heat. All they care about is their children and their wellbeing. Amazing post.

• singhpiyush6089 May 25, 2020 / 9:15 am

Yes they are the most vulnerable right now… I hope they are treated well in the coming days.. We should help them as much as we can now.. Thank you for sharing your thoughts

12. Saumya M. May 25, 2020 / 9:41 am

Yes, right. Hopefully, things will be in their favor.

13. Geri Lawhon May 27, 2020 / 8:15 pm

What a powerful poem. Thank you for putting this piece on your blog. It needed to be said

14. everythingtips June 17, 2020 / 9:17 pm

great poem! my heart goes for the people in need and I hope more and more good-hearted humans contribute to support them in any way possible. thanks for reminding us to always be grateful for what we have🙏🏽

• singhpiyush6089 June 18, 2020 / 3:15 am

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts… Totally relate with your thoughts!